Want a fun Christmas tree activity for home or for school? Build this Christmas tree out of recycled lids from applesauce pouches and let your children have fun decorating the Christmas tree with pom poms.
- recycled lids from applesauce pouches
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- recycled 7 Up bottle
- colorful pom poms
- white cotton
- plastic lid for base
- screw lid onto clean, dry 7 Up bottle
- start at the bottom
- hot glue lids around bottle
- continue gluing lids around base until you reach the top
- hot glue lids to the top lid on the sides
- hot glue on lid on top to hold the yellow pom pom or the star
- hot glue the finished tree to a clear or white recycled plastic lid
- READY TO PLAY
I added the plastic lid to the bottom to help give the tree a base. It makes it easier for little hands to hold and place the pom poms in the holes.
SUGGESTIONS FOR PLAY
- Say the colors while decorating the tree.
- Count the pom poms – total count.
- When finished decorating the tree, sort the pom poms by color.
- Count how many of each color were used (red = 10, etc.).
- Graph how many pom poms were used by color.
- What color did you use the most?
- What color did you use the least?
- Use fingers (pincer grasp) or plastic tweezers to remove pom poms.
Start collecting those lids. We have so many because my grandkids love applesauce pouches!
Did you like this activity? Don’t forget to sign up by email to receive updates of new blog posts.
Thanks for stopping by!